DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Now we are looking at different dryer booster options available out in the market, and we are wondering about what you all (on this site) think about these products.

Which do you like and why?

Thank you in advance.

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for comparison of the different models, so this link won't help me... Thank you for offering the link though. :)

Any others?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I installed one (the brand was Fantech) in one of my houses. Fairly easy to install, and I never had any problems with it. My daughter now owns the house, and the thing is still working fine after six years.

Sorry, but I don't know anything about other brands.

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed one (the brand was Fantech) in one of my houses. Fairly easy to install, and I never had any problems with it. My daughter now owns the house, and the thing is still working fine after six years.

Sorry, but I don't know anything about other brands.
How long is your run, md2lgyk? Was it longer than 15 L/F?

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
why do you need a booster fan? How long is your duct running?

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
yeah, that is a few feet beyond max by time you add a few elbows. Is your dryer taking to long to dry?
Fantech makes some good units for around $175.00

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yeah, that is a few feet beyond max by time you add a few elbows. Is your dryer taking to long to dry?
Fantech makes some good units for around $175.00
I think I will have 5 - 10 ft (one 45 elbow and one 90 elbow) added onto that... So it will be about 35 - 40 ft when it's all set and done... so, a booster seems ideal at the moment...

In contrary, the manufacturers' manuals all say no more than 65 at the longest...

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was around 25 feet, with two elbows. I don't know that I actually needed a booster, but I installed one anyway.
I wonder if you can verify, in terms of efficiency, how well the booster had helped in your case. I mean, if you wouldn't mind running a dryer load without it for comparison.

:whistling2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts