DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to mount a compact dryer to the wall in my kitchen. There is a gas pipe that comes down from the ceiling and supplies my range (see photo below). Unfortunately this pipe is right where I would like to mount my dryer. Using the dryer brackets provided by the manufacturer I am able to mount the dryer over the pipe having about 1/2" clearance. Will this be enough? Or is the heat from the dryer a problem. I'm not sure if it gets hot on the back.

I appreciate any advice you can give me :biggrin:

·
just a tool guy
255 Posts
Well now, the experts may cringe, but I have a gas line directly behind my dryer. 'course it's a NG dryer, so that may make a difference:laughing:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mickey cassiba said:
Well now, the experts may cringe, but I have a gas line directly behind my dryer. 'course it's a NG dryer, so that may make a difference:laughing:
What's an "NG" dryer?

·
Registered
738 Posts
There's no problem here, as long as your dryer doesn't get hot enough to melt the pipe :laughing:. But seriously, there are no clearance issues with gas piping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hvac benny said:
There's no problem here, as long as your dryer doesn't get hot enough to melt the pipe :laughing:. But seriously, there are no clearance issues with gas piping.
Thanks hvac benny :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts