DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

driveway patch/sealer recommendation

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  SARG 
#1 ·
Hi all,

There are narrow spaces between my driveway and my garage (and also the bottom of driveway and sidewalk) , whereby dirt got into them and tons of grass and weeds were growing in them; so I dug out all these weeds and grass and some dirt out and want to fill them with some type of sealer. would something like these work well?

would the second one (cheaper one) do the job? or would other products work better?

the spacing is about 1/2" wide and about 1" deep, do I need to fill with sand (or other material) first? before using the sealer?

thanks in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Neither of those products are suitable for what you want since they both are not really crack fillers and such. The 1st 1 is definitely just a sealer and a 2nd 1 says it will fill cracks up to 1/8" which is much less what you say you have.

Just leave the dirt/sand that you have and spray it once a year with Roundup and don't worry about it.

#3 ·
You can fill the gaps with caulk. Deep joints maybe use backer rod to take up the excess space. Look up the various ways people fill their concrete driveway expansion joints. Here's a caulk example:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.