DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I hope someone here can offer some suggestions on the right and/or most pragmatic way to fix this.

I have a second floor balcony that seems to lack some sort of drip edge or other method to allow water to fall off into the super-gutter below it, where my screen patio enclosure attaches to the house. Instead, the water seems to roll off the patio surface and down the wall, eventually making it into the gutter below (as depicted by the red line). The problem with this is that it seems to allow water intrusion where the balcony floor meets the wall (depicted by the blue line).

What are some options to solve this? :unsure:

Thank you!

·
Registered
x_posts
Yeah my guess is if there is a leak, that it is coming from that giant crack there. Likely an expansion joint.

In a perfect world the bottom edge of the pad above your blue line would have had a reglet as a drip edge. Best you could do is caulk it.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
In a perfect world the bottom edge of the pad above your blue line would have had a reglet as a drip edge. Best you could do is caulk it.
(Edited reply after your edit)

That's pretty much what I figured.. Now to find a way to get up there to actually do it without having to remove the screens. (Or maybe this is where I get removable screens fitted for there)

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
Basement remodel
x_posts
Auvergne buying some sanded grout in the squeeze tube would seal it and can be matched to the color of your stucco.

x_y_of_z_posts