DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have presently installed some new windows. I have followed the instructions (sill pan, caulking applied to the sides and top or opening, installed window, flasing tape over the flanges on the sides, applied caulk to the upper flange and installed drip cap/flashing, tape applied over cap, wrb over drip cap, installed trim). Now I need to caulk and backer rod the trim to the frame of the window and I am confused where I need to apply the caulk on the upper piece of trim. Do I caulk the underside of the drip cap to the window frame or do I caulk the upper side of the drip cap to the trim or is it both. It seems to me if the upper side of the drip cap is caulked to the trim piece it would create a dam not letting any water intrusion out so therefore I would just caulk the underside/bottom of the drip cap to the window. I probably just asnwered my own question but would appreciate any advice or comments. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.