DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My General Contracter has a "do it all" remodeling my half bathroom. He installed the drainage for my sink today and it doesn't look quite up to code to me. Is it allowed to snake up that high after the p-trap?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
My General Contracter has a "do it all" remodeling my half bathroom. He installed the drainage for my sink today and it doesn't look quite up to code to me. Is it allowed to snake up that high after the p-trap?
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
I'm sorry but--That there is funny!
Ask him if he's properly licensed. Then show him the door

Reactions: oh'mike

·
JOATMON
17,240 Posts
Can we use that picture in our "What not to do"?

Ya know....that little section of 'flexible' pipe will do a great job of stopping any jewelry that might fall down the sink.....as well as everything else. I didn't think they even sold that stuff......

Thanks for posting....we all needed a good laugh.

edit.....I showed this to my wife....(who knows little about plumbing)....her comment...."is it coming or going?"

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
If this is the hack's finish work, I'd be a little concerned about what is in the walls that you can not see.
Why doesn't the GC hire a real plumber rather then a "do-it-all" who obviously can't do-it-all
As a plumber- this kind of stuff really ticks me off :furious:

·
Registered
37,461 Posts
I once watch a guy I worked for work trying to hook up a drain on a double sink that was deeper on one side then the other for two full days.
He'd come back from the store with boxes of differant fitting, he called the home owner and told them they bought the wrong sink and it would not work.
I could not stand it any more, so when he went to lunch I hooked it up. Took all of 5 min.
He came back and yelled at me for trying to take over his job.

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
Oh, my gawd-----does that guy have his shoes on the right feet? Shirt on inside out? Glasses upside down?

Wow.

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
Hãy ch?n di các b?n. N?u không mu?n di theo khuôn m?u các m?u gh? d?i trÃ* nhu hi?n nay thì r?t nên d?n v?i N?i th?t Anh Quân. c?a các b?n s? có s? khác bi?t l?n.
Hai dòng s?n ph?m chÃ*nh lÃ* : vÃ* t? hi?n d?i d?n c? di?n

This is the installers explanation of his piping----Mike----

·
JOATMON
17,240 Posts
Hãy ch?n di các b?n. N?u không mu?n di theo khuôn m?u các m?u gh? d?i trÃ* nhu hi?n nay thì r?t nên d?n v?i N?i th?t Anh Quân. c?a các b?n s? có s? khác bi?t l?n.
Hai dòng s?n ph?m chÃ*nh lÃ* : vÃ* t? hi?n d?i d?n c? di?n

This is the installers explanation of his piping----Mike----
Yep....pretty much sums it up....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.