DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a new Frigidaire 10,000 window casement A/C and as far as I can see it does not have a condensation drain hole. Installation instructions say onlt to tilt 3/8 down in back for water to drip, also in the troubleshooting section water coming inside...tip back. Should I drill a hole? Remove one of the screws in the outside cabinet? Leave it alone? Already, in reunning it yesterday, I can see water and hear some hitting the outside fan (this noise is also mentioned in troublshooting).
Question #2: This A/C replaces an old one which was originally from an apartment and so it was framed and stuccoed through the wall. I chiseled the hole bigger by an inch or so, width wise, and now need to seal back up. Was thinking about expaning foam: probably too radical, maybe just caulk and then stucco mix?

Thanks

Fred23

·
HVAC / Plumbing
1,801 Posts
Don't drill a hole... The blower wheel picks up some of the water to splash on the coils to aid in cooling

·
Registered
32 Posts
i believe.......

Don't drill a hole... The blower wheel picks up some of the water to splash on the coils to aid in cooling
......in some units the water gets splashed onto the warm conser to evaporate the condensation to minimize or eliminate nusiance water dripping on other areas , imho:(..........Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts