DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
So had horrible track mounted mirrors on front hall closet. Made 2 hollow wood doors. The doors are pretty true, that's not the issue. Attached to 1x4 frame. Figured easier to adjust that way. Door on right, no problem, screwed frame to wall, done.
Door on left
I am going insane, I am missing something but hopefully the picture will show it.
If I align with wall and floor, top right is out about 1.5"
For the sake of sanity I tried moving hinge side frame in and out, see pic. This is what I ended up with and it's an abomination. I know I'm missing something *like 50 IQ points lol.
Anyone tell me what I did or am doing wrong and how to un-wrong it
Thanks
Craig

Sorry the pics are sideways
Sorry only 1 pic this is top it is in as far as bottom is out
Walls are pretty true
Sorry fo
Basically
Left leg in 1.5" at top, out 1.5" at bottom
Just to make doors meet in middle

Attachments

·
Registered
37,459 Posts
Picture posted does not show anything but a door screwed up to beat up piece of trim full of holes that should have been addressed before installing the door.

Reactions: cap871

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picture posted does not show anything but a door screwed up to beat up piece of trim full of holes that should have been addressed before installing the door.
Dude, do you have a solution or just a criticism? Dont give a crap about the drywall, trying to get 2 doors into plane. My subject title wasn't

How do I spacle holes:biggrin2:

·
Registered
26 Posts
So had horrible track mounted mirrors on front hall closet. Made 2 hollow wood doors. The doors are pretty true, that's not the issue. Attached to 1x4 frame. Figured easier to adjust that way. Door on right, no problem, screwed frame to wall, done.
Door on left
I am going insane, I am missing something but hopefully the picture will show it.
If I align with wall and floor, top right is out about 1.5"
For the sake of sanity I tried moving hinge side frame in and out, see pic. This is what I ended up with and it's an abomination. I know I'm missing something *like 50 IQ points lol.
Anyone tell me what I did or am doing wrong and how to un-wrong it
Thanks
Craig

Sorry the pics are sideways
Sorry only 1 pic this is top it is in as far as bottom is out
Walls are pretty true
Sorry fo
Basically
Left leg in 1.5" at top, out 1.5" at bottom
Just to make doors meet in middle
your picture is not showing your problem. but i think there is level issue.
make it adjustment.
set the frame and door level.
if you upload more pictures or one picture with clear side
it can be helpful to suggest you the right method

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Dude, do you have a solution or just a criticism? Dont give a crap about the drywall, trying to get 2 doors into plane. My subject title wasn't

How do I spacle holes:biggrin2:
You don't have private messaging available so here's how to solve the criticism problem.

It's been that way beginning on day one, never posted a pic to my knowledge, usually wants a pic, but criticize those who do. Consider exercising your right to activate your "ignore list" in your user c p to solve that problem.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Joe is correct.

Only bi-folds are installed in this manner.

Also the door jamb should be flush with the outer portion of the wall.
If not you will need to install two studs to the wall and then your door jamb.
You have no top stop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.