DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im searching for a good/easy way to get rid of dog poo in my back yard and came across this thing on Amazon called "Doggie Doo Drain Dog Waste Sewer Line Attachment." Quick instructions (pasted below) on their site make it sound too easy.

"Locate your sewer/septic clean outScrew in Doggie Doo Drain to sewer/septic clean-out and remove Doggie Doo Drain plugPlace waste in Doggie Doo Drain cylinder and rinse down with hose, replace Doggie Doo Drain plug"

Anybody have experience with this gizmo? Is it a bad idea to put dog poop in the sewer cleanout?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
We had a dog kennel built in this area. The Sanitarian made sure all that waste material went into a holding tank for pumping and delivery to a treatment plant. They refused to allow it into the septic system designed for human waste.

·
JOATMON
15,510 Posts
I have dog pick up [email protected] 2-3 time a week ...put in plastic bag drop in garbage...do i like it:(:( does mama care:no::no: do the kids care:no::eek:h well so is life:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: good luck
If my boys want 'any' xbox or computer time....they pick up the sh!t

I'm a mean dad......:)

·
Lurking....always Lurking
37 Posts
If my boys want 'any' xbox or computer time....they pick up the sh!t
I have a very enterprising son.

We used to have an acre lot and a beagle. One summer, my wife offered a nickel for every piece of poop he picked up. He filled a red wagon in one morning! My wife ended up giving him $20 and telling him to forget the deal from now on.

This is the same kid that sold soda out of his locker in high school and picked up loose change outside the drive thru when he worked at the local Dairy Queen.

Now that he's an adult with a full-time job, he still looks for side gigs when he can get them and still picks up any loose change he sees.

He'll do alright in this world....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Why, exactly? Poop is poop after all. I don't see it being any different from occasionally dumping my RV's holding tank to my septic.
Do you not add chemicals to your holding tank? Assuming you do, those same chemicals can wipe out the bacteria that make your septic system work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts