DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this product at the local home center called "Arctic Cove Multi Wrap" that claims to cool you off by 30 degrees.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Arctic-Cove-10-in-x-20-in-Multi-Wrap-Towel-MAC520/205736056

I am in South Florida and often times need to be outside doing stuff in the hot and humid weather, was wondering if this thing really work or not.

It looks kind of like that thing called SHAMWOW :biggrin2: so I don't know. Anyone tried it? Does it work - I mean better than a wet towel or if it's just like a wet towel?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I've used headbands that are very similar under my hard hat on multiple occasions and they really do make a significant difference. They work much better than just a wet towel or cloth. The reason is the interior has a special material that retains the water much longer. You're cooled by evaporation just like a wet towel but they do work much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.