DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
House doesn't any vents except main vent located on the exterior of the home. Does my sink, shower, and washing machine need there own vents if so if if i route them to the attic can i run through the siding underneath the eves? Any help would be great

·
GC/Master Plumber/Mech
1,517 Posts
Jeep,

Did you have a pro come out and take a look at the DWV system or have the main rodded like I suggested from your other thread?

·
Registered
159 Posts
vents

I have a 1940s house and all of the bathroom plumbing along with the washing machine is vented with a single vent. The kitchen sink has its own. I've been told by plumbers that as long as you have one vent on the line, you're good...meaning if I added anything else, I just need to tie it into one of my existing drains. I don't know if that's the best advice or not but two plumbers told me the same thing.

·
GC/Master Plumber/Mech
1,517 Posts
Jeep,

There may not be pipes coming up through the walls they may go vertical in the wall and turn horz and then run to the vent stack. You may not see all the venting going to the attic

·
Registered
159 Posts
also

Whatever you do, run them as high as possible so you don't get the worst whiff of the neighborhood you can imagine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts