DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,815 Posts
Alright guys, I raised the standpipe and tied the supply side up. Same with the vent, it will go into the attic once the run here is deemed good to go.
That should be better even though I might have dropped the trap some. Those minimums with how much force those new pumps, pump can be tricky. Also, why didn't you buy the valves with the built in arrestors?

Your arrestors need access panels I believe.

Anyhow, the work looks clean and organized.

· Registered
Varied and not very interesting.
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That should be better even though I might have dropped the trap some. Those minimums with how much force those new pumps, pump can be tricky. Also, why didn't you buy the valves with the built in arrestors?

Your arrestors need access panels I believe.

Anyhow, the work looks clean and organized.
I could only find this regarding the arrestors in the code manual I've been using online:

604.9 Water hammer.
The flow velocity of the water distribution system shall be controlled to reduce the possibility of water hammer. A water-hammer arrestor shall be installed where quick-closing valves are utilized. Water-hammer arrestors shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Water-hammer arrestors shall conform to ASSE 1010.
I didn't see anything regarding their accessibility. As for why I didn't purchase an integrated box, I couldn't find one at the three stores that I have access to.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts