DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi;
I need to replace (or hire a plumber to replace) a section of pipe from the output side of the water meter (which is located in the house).
I picked up Rex Cauldwell's Plumbing book at the library, and he talks about a Dual Check Valve that is required by most water utility co.

I do not see a check valve in the line now, unless the long coupling shown in the photo below is a check valve.

Thanks for your advice.

FW

Edit: On second thought; I believe the meter incorporates this device. It is only 3 years old.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Actually, from what I have found online since posting, my water meter probably has an internal check valve. Maybe I should e-mail my water utility, unless I can get the model no. from the meter and look up online.

I am going to a real plumbing supply tomorrow to pick up the connector for the meter, so I can ask about a check valve while I'm there. Those guys should know a lot more than the people who work for the big box store.

Edit: I got the spec sheet for my water meter. No mention of a check valve, so I've gotta buy one.

FW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.