DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have this Dishwasher Samsung DMT300RFS/XAA. There is no led light when i power on the dishwasher

I tested the main power - ok
I tested the 120V in the main board - ok
I tested the power relay - ok

After all these tests I replaced the main board but the problem is the same. No led light at all when I powered the dishwasher.
I have also disconnected some connectors in the main board leaving only the keyboard and the door switch on it...same problem..

Does anyone know what else I can do to try to fix this problem?

What is the best way to test the main board ?

Thanks all

·
Endless Projects
891 Posts
What is the best way to test the main board ?

Thanks all
Without being a Samsung tech with a schematic and advanced knowledge of electronics... replace the main board and hope the new one is not a lemon. I think technical repairs of a modern appliance is beyond the scope of this board. Although i used this to track down how to go about repairing an older broken dryer.

There are a number of companies that provide repair parts and they may also have a forum that provides repair advice. My experience is appliance breaking follow a known pattern and I have often been able to trace faults via others' experience.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Are you measuring voltage with a meter or a tester? Reason I’m asking is it’s crazy but some of those Samsung dishwashers have a fuse in the neutral line. It’s just a 20 amp fuse. The newer models don’t have it but the ones over 5 years old or so did. Why it’s in the neutral line either makes no sense to me. Middle of the dishwasher at the bottom if you have one. If you are measuring with a meter you can measure for 120 bolts to the main pcb. From there you can measure if it has power to the display board. You’ll have to find which cable goes to the display board. You would measure for dc volts. Most likely in the 5 volt range. Can’t tell you exactly which wires but just measure at all of them that go to the display board. If you have power going to your display board then chances are your main is good. I’m my opinion without looking at your machine I would suspect the main pcb. But they have had some issues with corrosion at the display board. But something we have seen before. It’s been at least 5 years since we’ve done Samsung warranty work so I’m not up to the latest info. I know they are hard to repair because they guard their info a lot. Also I mainly do ac work so I’m not as good as some of the techs. Also you will be working with live electric. If your not confident with it call for service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you measuring voltage with a meter or a tester? Reason I’m asking is it’s crazy but some of those Samsung dishwashers have a fuse in the neutral line. It’s just a 20 amp fuse. The newer models don’t have it but the ones over 5 years old or so did. Why it’s in the neutral line either makes no sense to me. Middle of the dishwasher at the bottom if you have one. If you are measuring with a meter you can measure for 120 bolts to the main pcb. From there you can measure if it has power to the display board. You’ll have to find which cable goes to the display board. You would measure for dc volts. Most likely in the 5 volt range. Can’t tell you exactly which wires but just measure at all of them that go to the display board. If you have power going to your display board then chances are your main is good. I’m my opinion without looking at your machine I would suspect the main pcb. But they have had some issues with corrosion at the display board. But something we have seen before. It’s been at least 5 years since we’ve done Samsung warranty work so I’m not up to the latest info. I know they are hard to repair because they guard their info a lot. Also I mainly do ac work so I’m not as good as some of the techs. Also you will be working with live electric. If your not confident with it call for service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am measuring with a multimeter. When I turn the circuit breaker off, the 120V on the plate ends. I guess something is blocking the main board. I have 3 main boards showing the same problem ..... it must be something else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts