DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I found a slow drip coming from my dishwasher and see that it's from the water inlet connection. The connection is twisting incorrectly on the plastic inlet male threads (see pic). Every time I try to unscrew/rescrew the fitting...it does the same thing and won't screw on correctly. I suspect the plastic threads are damaged and I'm unsure of how to correct this. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. The dishwasher was new this year so I don't want to replace it or tear it apart if at all avoidable.

Thank you,
Jason G

·
Remodel and New Build GC
9,461 Posts
The pic isn't here yet.....

but you might very carefully unscrew it and with a very fine file try to re-chase those threads...enough to get it correctly started.....if so, then teflon tape it and make it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I'll give that a try. Just in case...I added my photo to my photo album (link is on left under my profile info). Not sure if that's how to add it properly, but hopefully it's viewable there.
Thanks again,
Jason

·
Registered
13,595 Posts
OMGAWD, that looks like some plumbing work of professionals i've seen. The pic you provided clearly shows the problem. The copper tubing angle is keeping the hose fitting from squaring with its counterpart.

With the water turned off to the D W'er loosen the compression nut at the supply tubing end 2 rounds. Then un- screw that mess, square it to the male fitting, tighten it, then back it off about a round or so. Re- tighten the tubing nut, then the garden hose fitting and you should be good to go.

Edit: Edit:

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
OMGAWD, that looks like some plumbing work of professionals i've seen. The pic you provided clearly shows the problem. The copper tubing angle is keeping the hose fitting from squaring with its counterpart.

With the water turned off to the D W'er loosen the compression nut at the supply tubing end 2 rounds. Then un- screw that mess, square it to the male fitting, tighten it, then back it off about a round or so. Re- tighten the tubing nut, then the garden hose fitting and you should be good to go.
This is why braided hoses are superior for connections!

You might consider using some thread tape in case all the screwing and unscrewing of the collar has damaged the plastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts