DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone my dishwasher faces an exterior wall which gets very cold in the winter. When i open the cabinets next to the dishwasher it is very cold. Long story short the inlet valve on my dishwasher froze and caused flooding . Im on the fence about getting a new dishwasher just for the fact of the same thing happening again. Is their anything i can do to "insulate" around or underneath the washer so it does not happen again? I was thinking of possibly putting those pink insulation boards against the exterior wall behind the dishwasher.

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Solid foam insulation panels likely the best. High R value for thickness and you can glue them in place tightly with the right adhesive. Ask the tech in the building center they'll know which glues are compatible with them. Less mess an cut to fit and add thickeness if you have more room. Allowing air to circulate in that lower area would also help. Leaving the bottom panel off.

Edit: Cut a piece of cardboard up to trim for a size template until you get it to fit a side. Then you can cut the foam panel exactly base on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts