DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Hotpoint dishwasher that won't clean the top rack. I don't think water is getting to the top rack.
I took apart the visible parts of the spinning arm (there's only one, at the bottom). Everything looked clean and nothing appeared broken.
I assume that the problem is inside. I'm not terribly handy, but I'm willing to try anything if I have an idea of what needs to be done.

Any ideas about what might be wrong?
I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Pop

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Can you remove the spray arm to see if any water is even trying to come out when it is called for? Not real sharp on dw's, but I have to wonder if mineral deposits have clogged the hole in the spray arm, especially if you have hard water. That or the pump may be going.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you remove the spray arm to see if any water is even trying to come out when it is called for? Not real sharp on dw's, but I have to wonder if mineral deposits have clogged the hole in the spray arm, especially if you have hard water. That or the pump may be going.

Thank you for the tip, boman. But I threw in the towel and am very happy with my new Kenmore...which I am proud (and a little surprised) to say I installed myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts