DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our friend did a horrible job installing our travertine floor in our kitchen. Every venue I pursue to correct the problem results in a different answer. The floor was not sealed properly and also had a dull finish to begin with. It is now dirty, stained, and dull. I can clean it with all the expensive products and wipe it with a white towel still bring up dirt.

I am at a loss to know how to restore my floor to the beautiful finish I know this stone provides. I cannot find a store that rents a machine that we could use to clean and then seal.

Do you know how I can restore my floor to the proper finish that I am able to keep clean and looking beautiful??
Thank you so much for your help

·
Registered
701 Posts
It sounds like your floor is either a) inferior grade travertine b) improperly honed, polished, and sealed, or c) both.

Trying to rent the equipment to clean, hone, polish, and seal it yourself is likely going to be throwing good money after bad since you don't have any expertise in this area. The fact that you have been unable to diagnose what is wrong, much less what to do about it, does not bode well for being able to gather the information you need to successfully tackle this as a DIY project. I don't mean that critically, rather I'm pointing out what I think is a real obstacle getting a good result.

Your best recourse is to hire a professional flooring company that has specific experience with limestone restoration and refinishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts