DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the pump found HERE You can also see the directions they provide at the link.

My question is regarding the hook up to the sink drain. The drain has the standard threaded bottom where one would normally hook up a tail piece. Instead of the tail piece, can I just thread a 1 1/2 inch female coupler onto the drain? The coupler fits well and seems to screw on tight to the sink drain. This would make hooking up the 1 1/2 PVC Union a lot easier. If I can't do this and I need to use a tail piece, what do I use at the bottom of the tail piece to convert back to 1 1/2 inch in order to slip into the 1 1/2 Union piece? Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
25,768 Posts
You should do fine with an 1 1/2 inch female adapter--However, using a tail piece and a trap adapter--
(that's the 1 1/2 inch MALE with a nut and washer) would make disassembling the piping for service much simpler.---Mike---

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on putting in a solvent union between the drain and pump inlet for future maintenance...my main concern was rather I could just hook directly to the sink drain or if I needed to use the tail piece assembly. Thanks for the reply.

·
Retired Moderator
25,768 Posts
If you have a union --direct piping is fine----Have fun---Mike---

1 - 5 of 5 Posts