DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

first time ever installing any type of hardwood floor. I have some tools for it and have watched a lot of videos, I'm pretty good on the how to but have a unique situation.

Along the window wall in my kitchen I have two hot water radiators with an entry door in between. I found that I can jack up both rads just high enough to slide the flooring in underneath the legs (saving 5 holes that would be needed to be cut for each radiator)

Problem is that both the inlet pipe and outlet pipe exit on the same side of both radiators and go through the floor almost side by side, the one closest to the wall goes through the floor approx 1-2" from the wall. How do I go about cutting the flooring around this area without it looking like an animal was chewing at it?

Much thanks!

·
Naildriver
17,040 Posts
Not being able to see what you see, you could take a piece of flooring, accurately measure the size of the holes needed and their location, drill holes in the wood, split the flooring across the holes and install it in two pieces, gluing it together.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not being able to see what you see, you could take a piece of flooring, accurately measure the size of the holes needed and their location, drill holes in the wood, split the flooring across the holes and install it in two pieces, gluing it together.
I thought of this but this would make the first piece literally about 2 inches wide, is that ok? I apologize for not being able to get a picture up right now

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another option I was thinking of would be to build custom covers for the radiators to eliminate the need for precise cuts altogether It's a lot more work, but I think it will make the finished product shine more than attempting cuts around that mess

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.