Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will dielectric grease solve light bulb removal difficulties years later if the grease is applied to the threads at installation time?
Ideal the manufacture of No-Lox says No-Lox is not a lubricant.I would think no-ox would be a better choice.
NO-OX and NO-LOX are two different productsNO-OX is electrically conductive. I wouldn't put it on light bulbs. You could create a short between the two contact points in the socket.
You want something non conductive.
I have both in my shop If I think about it later I'll Megger them at 5000 VDCActual No-Ox (ID) is a heavy duty rust inhibitor:
Noalox (Ideal) and Penetrox (Burndy) are both oxide inhibitors:
All of the above are considered conductive (though it's debatable just how conductive most of them really are).