DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some non-peel and stick vinyl floor tiles almost a week ago in a small bathroom with adhesive, and I am still able to slide the tiles around.

I realized after I had installed them that I was supposed to allowed the adhesive to tack up a bit before I installed them. I figured it would cure anyway, and just let them sit for the week, and keep checking up on them every day to see if they are no longer able to slide around, but a week later, I am still able to push them and get them to slide.

Am I pretty much screwed? Will it cure eventually if I just leave it?

Would peeling them up one at a time and letting the adhesive tack up a bit before sticking it back on work, or would it completely screw it up.

Hoping I don't need to reboot the whole project... :plain:

Thanks

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Over plywood I have seen them eventually set when the glue wasn't allowed a full tack. Laid on wet glue you are most likely screwed. Would it dry in the can over how many years.

Before you start ripping them out wait a day or two for a more promising answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, have waited a week, and they don't really seem to be getting any harder to slide, so thought I would ask if it's hopeless.

I am going to peel one up, re-scrape it, shave the adhesive off of the tile, give it some time to tack, and see what the result is when I stick it back down.

Ugh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts