DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
for the avg diy'er, ebay's a good place to begin,,, there's just too much of a learning curve to help you in a forum - diamond concentration & grit size are the most important parts,,, doubt seriously any conc co will stock these due to high cost of inventory, various rpm's needed to run the pads, & hp of the tool,,, usually begin w/metals then graduate to resins,,, wet or dry is another choice that's important,,, don't know of a diy-friendly place but you might start w/granQuartz,,, while this is a fairly expensive process, more importantly the skills aren't easy to acquire - good luck !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I be found there hard to find locally. And as you said there is a lot of variables.
However working with natural stone, glass, and tile. I feel like I'm up for a challenge. I ll continue to do my research, and experiment. Always open to advice, thanks

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
granite city tool ( barre, vt ) is another 1,,, they're mostly pro supply but will work w/you,,, also try http://www.egaonline.com/egamembers/ & pick out some supply houses

you have to remember they know what they're talking about & may have trouble understanding the language you use :yes: much like my bride, nagzille, when she tries to describe something to me :eek: we often don't speak the same language :laughing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts