DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,796 Posts
If you are on a windows pc; Hold down the alt key, then on the number pad, type 0176 then let go of the alt key and you will get the degree symbol. Examples; °°°, 99°,110°

If you are on any other media, I'm not sure. You could always google the degree symbol and do a copy and paste that works as well.

I don't know why they don't have it on all windows compatible keyboards. I use it all the time and it's always a hassle to get it.

Hope it works for you to Doug.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are on a windows pc; Hold down the alt key, then on the number pad, type 0176 then let go of the alt key and you will get the degree symbol. Examples; °°°, 99°,110°

If you are on any other media, I'm not sure. You could always google the degree symbol and do a copy and paste that works as well.

I don't know why they don't have it on all windows compatible keyboards. I use it all the time and it's always a hassle to get it.

Hope it works for you to Doug.
:biggrin2::biggrin2: Thank you for the info!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,796 Posts
Just some general information;

Doug, if in the future you need any other types of special symbols or characters and you are on a windows PC, do a search. Type in character map or charmap (depending on what version of windows you're running) and you will come up with a map of all kinds of special characters and symbols.

After you select the character or symbol you want, look in the bottom right hand corner of the character map and you will see a key stroke on how to get that particular character or symbol. Some don't have keystrokes, but you can copy and paste, etc.

That's what I do. Others will have there own ways of doing it.

·
Super Moderator
7,796 Posts
35° too cold for me!! I looked up the character map - thank you!! Can I get windows 10 for free?? I have looked @ you tube & tried but no luck. Have window vista now @ have not used this computer very much

You are welcome Doug.

To my knowledge, there is a free windows 10 upgrade for genuine windows 7 and 8, users. Sorry Doug.

·
Super Moderator
7,796 Posts
Doug, we're lucky to see couple days of 93º or so all summer. Lol.

Up here it's the other way around, need a good heating source. Only need ac here for about couple months and then not everyday.

I'll bet you keep busy installing ac's - no doubt. :vs_karate::vs_karate: Make sure you keep hydrated. Lol..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.