DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK OK OK I think I finally have my sub panel wired correctly for switching between green power and grid power. Problem now is i, seemingly have 2 dead slots out of 4 in the panel. I can get two to work correctly but the other two are not putting out anything.....Its a Square D QO generator subpanel (4 space). Anyone have any ideas??
:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::mad::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

·
Licensed electrician
13,381 Posts
I think in your other thread you said you were feeding this panel with 120 or only one hot leg. This will leave every other slot dead.

Reactions: Rayhay72

·
Sparky
706 Posts
you need a tap for 3 #6's, put a short length in each lug in the sub panel, then take both of those and tie it to your incoming 120v feed

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
you need a tap for 3 #6's, put a short length in each lug in the sub panel, then take both of those and tie it to your incoming 120v feed

Not sure of exactly what you are saying, But if you are saying a double tap, generally that is a no go.

110.14(A) Terminals. Connection of conductors to terminal parts
shall ensure a thoroughly good connection without damaging
the conductors and shall be made by means of pressure connectors
(including set-screw type), solder lugs, or splices to
flexible leads. Connection by means of wire-binding screws or
studs and nuts that have upturned lugs or the equivalent shall
be permitted for 10 AWG or smaller conductors.
Terminals for more than one conductor and terminals
used to connect aluminum shall be so identified.

408.41 Grounded Conductor Terminations. Each grounded
conductor shall terminate within the panelboard in an individual
terminal that is not also used for another conductor.

·
Licensed electrician
13,381 Posts
Depending on the size of the incoming feeder the OP might be able to use wire nuts with 2 pigtails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow I feel dumb....

Thanks guys,
This install has really kicked my butt and taxed my abilities as handyman and or electrician. Obviously I am neither. Been working on this mess for near 3 months and finally ( i think ) got it all together.:jester::thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts