DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does not have reverse rotation wiring diagram on it. can I reverse this motor if it dosen't come with a ccw wire hookup on it?

·
Super Moderator
8,861 Posts
To change rotation on a 3 phase motor, swap L1 with L3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dayton 1 1/2hp 3 phase

my wires are in a series as follows coming in from my inverter. T7-T1, T8-T2, T9-T3. When swapping any 2 of these to try to reverse my motor, all my motor does is hum. the other wires coming from the motor tied together are T4-T5-T6. This is considered low voltage connection on the motor.

·
Lic Electrical Inspector
1,843 Posts
my wires are in a series as follows coming in from my inverter. T7-T1, T8-T2, T9-T3. When swapping any 2 of these to try to reverse my motor, all my motor does is hum. the other wires coming from the motor tied together are T4-T5-T6. This is considered low voltage connection on the motor.
I think you misunderstood.

L1 to T1&T7
L2 to T2&T8
L3 to T3&T9
T4-T5-T6 together.

Switch L1 & L3

Now it should be L1 to T3&T9, L3 to T1&T7, L2 to T2&T8

Reactions: jbfan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dayton 1 1/2hp 3 phase

just got the motor running in reverse. i misunderstood what you were telling me at first, but realized I was switching the wrong wires. when I switched the power leads going into the dayton motor it reversed. thank you for your help.

·
Semi-Pro Electro-Geek
3,403 Posts
If you have an inverter (VFD) operating the motor, you can probably reverse it from the inverter. Every VFD I have seen will run either direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts