DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its directly where I hoped to put stairs to a future driveway/carport. (see pic) I’m new to septic systems and don't know if possibly adding an angle/elbow would prevent access?

Also, water doesn’t drain from the back of the house well, so I plan to raise the ground level 15-20” to slope away from the house - so I need to extend the septic cleanout pipe higher above ground, which I feel I can do myself after watching vids and reading.

I don’t want to relocate where it comes out of the foundation/ground if possible, just where the access is. I'm told the tank is straight behind the house 25-30'. (I'll locate it and all pipes exactly before building)

Looking for suggestions to keep the cleanout accessible with the least amount of work/expense?

Wood Land lot Plant Grass Road surface
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Line Automotive design

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes an access panel - one of the stair steps maybe - is a good idea. I've never seen a tank being cleaned and ignorant of what kind of issues blocking free access (the way it is now) for a septic service might cause. (Like double price for difficult access issues?). @Nealtw - IDK how deep it goes down. I'm thinking I will need to uncover the entire pipe and tank to make sure I don't cause problems with placement of my deck posts. Yes waterproofing before raising the ground level is part of the plan.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts