DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best saw to use? I have two doors I need to cut. I tried using a jigsaw, but my hand is not the steadiest and it did not come out to well. I want to buy a power saw. What do you guys recommend? A table or just regular circular saw?

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
I'm not sure why or how you intend to cut cabinet doors. To trim them?
I'd use my radial arm saw for the best cut on something like a cabinet door.
A good table saw with side supports could work too, but not a small, $40.00 crappy one like mine.

DM

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Whats the best saw to use? I have two doors I need to cut. I tried using a jigsaw, but my hand is not the steadiest and it did not come out to well. I want to buy a power saw. What do you guys recommend? A table or just regular circular saw?
Why would you want to cut the doors?
Ron

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can use a circular saw with a cutting board guide if money is tight. Just remember to clamp your work down on a stable and firm surface.

Thats a good idea actually. I will do that. Thanks! I actually got a circular with a laser but it doesnt do anything for a cutting a straight line. lol.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Power tools are very dangerous toys to play with foolishly. Please read all manuals that accompany your tools and familiarize yourself with what they can do and the harm they can cause.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts