DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 54" opening where the Tile in the hall is 1 & 3/8" higher than the existing solid wood floor, in the dining room. Both areas are already installed and a transition was never used. I have been unable to locate a Transition piece that fits these dimensions. Nothing this high. There used to be carpeting over the hard wood floor and that had long cedar shims and padding to lessen the difference in height between the 2 areas. Does anyone know where I can find a transition that fits these dimensions? Any ideas as to what I can do with out custom ordering something? I do not have a table saw or ban saw.
I'm Stuck!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Idea for a Solution

I think I may have a solution to my potentially expensive problem :
I will abandone the wood transition
and make a slanted floating Mortar base (with Lathe) 4" wide
(I forgot to mention that the tile ends at the wall of the HALL, giving me 4 inches of transition space to work with).

Then use some broken pieces of the tile used in the Hall, or some other aesthetically pleasing similar product embedded in the mortar base.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.