DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm frustrated with mine. This has not turned out how I expected it.

1. My cabinet door was made 1/8" wider than the opening and it won't open because the bottom corners hit. I don't want to cut the panel narrower because the whole point of this thing was for it to look like it was part of the cabinets and I didn't want to see any cracks on the side. I would have thought the door would swing out like the custom panel fridges.

2. How is everyone handling the kickplate at the bottom. It doesn't look very good?

Attachments

·
Breakin' Stuff
701 Posts
I think you are going to have to have a recessed toe kick, for the reasons you are describing. There's no changing the swing on the dishwasher. Maybe just make a solid, recessed toe kick in matching white.

Also I agree with not trimming the cabinet door. I think that would be my last option.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The dishwasher does not look like it's levelled/installed properly. There appears to be a gap at the top and the dishwasher may be too far back. I would look to make sure the installation is 100 percent correct before going any further.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.