DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to match a 6" crows foot texture. Looks rolled on. Googled, bought the black Crow's foot roller, the only problem is the design on the roller is easily 8" long and too big to match.

Help before I have to scrape off an entire rooms texture!

·
retired painter
13,146 Posts
I've never seen a crows foot roller ??

The joint compound is normally rolled onto the ceiling and then a brush is used to 'stomp' the texture into the wet j/c. How thick/thin the j/c is determines how pronounced the texture is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the poinsetta roller's were symmetrical, though?

As far as the brush, I don't think they would be consistent enough, from what the texture looks like. Maybe I need a wider view on my image example.

Also, all of the tiny lines are perpendicular to the design, which had me thinking roller.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Room is 17x9 and I have about a 1/3 of the room scraped back to the drywall. Considering scraping the rest and putting up my own texture.

At least that is my backup.

Finding a roller that matched, would be a bit easier, even if it did take a couple of days to find one.

By the way, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you are probably right about making my own. How would you attach the latex, not sure where I would go about finding a blank roller?

Anyways, with the amount I have left, I'm leaning towards more manual labor (scraping) and the sure thing vs. relying on my skill level to get the mold perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.