DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. Been enjoying reading all the posts, but have not come across anything that looks like my problem.

I am trying to install moulding around a fireplace that sits out a bit from the wall as well as ceiling slopes and the wall turns.

Here is a picture of what I have currently,. I have tried several options so far. None I like.

Right now, I have that corner piece on the right painted & caulked. It looks okay, but I'm a perfectionist.

Any suggestions would be greatly considered and appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Wendy

Attachments

·
KemoSabe
644 Posts
I'm not really sure what I'm looking at there, but there has to be a better way than that. I'm sure there's something that the pics don't show that explain it a little better.

·
Super Moderator
14,479 Posts
Run the crown just like the corners were square and fill in at the round.

·
Super Moderator
14,479 Posts
Going back and looking again, the ceiling looks like a vault, if it is you do have problems. With all the insets and a vault to boot, it may be over the edge even for a really experienced trim carpenter, especially where the ceiling comes down at an angle and turns into a very short offset which is level.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I would leave the crown off the vault at the fireplace area, the stop blocks dont help. nice macaws i used to have a blue and gold

1 - 7 of 7 Posts