DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just needed to post this somewhere. Homedepot in house brand Commercial Electric 4in IC rated LED lights specify they're compatible with Lutron Caseta dimmers, they are not!

And, I've done this exact thing once already on my house install! So fool me twice. Going to have to pony up the extra $9/ea for the Halo brand, and return all seven of tuhese to Homedepot. Good times.

·
Registered
916 Posts
For what it is worth. But 6"
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Halo-65-Wa...H6go&cjevent=281a512f3d5b11ea802f00140a240614

I myself would never buy dedicated led lights. Few years from now never know if you can get replacements. All are Chinese made that a company puts therre name on.
Suppose to last years but I have seen plenty of different types burn out after couple of years.

For me normal light fixtures and put in LED bulbs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I'm with ya. But - the older style can lights are massive metal things. Seems like such an overkill. I'm okay with replacing whole fixtures from time to time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.