DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the new cam installed in the engine and the engine back in the mower and it starts perfectly and runs great. But today whilst mowing I went to adjust the cutting deck height and the notched gate on the fender popped loose on one end. I am not sure if I need a new one or if I just lost some sort of clip? I see new ones online but it isn't clear that they come with new mounting hardware or if you need to reuse what I might have already lost. Anyone ever replace or fix one of these?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did find that the other end of the gate has a screw holding it on but seems to be via a clip of some kind that holds it in a slot in the fender thus distributing the loads. I am going to have to take it off and run by the parts place to see if they have what I need to fix it. New assemblies are only ~$25 but they don’t indicate if they include new mounts or clips.

·
flipping slumlord
5,116 Posts
...I went to adjust the cutting deck height and the notched gate on the fender popped loose on one end. I am not sure if I need a new one or if I just lost some sort of clip?
I changed the stock 5 position set up with a Husq 10 position set up. I'll look at both pieces later today for you. Meanwhile... the online parts diagram should show something.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Turns out this was a trivial issue... for a change. There is a metal base plate screwed into the fender into which the plastic gate clips. The base plate has a tab on the front that inserts into the fender slot whilst the screw holds it in at the rear. Apparently I jammed the shifter too hard on the gate and caused the tab to pop loose of the fender. Pulled the plate out, straightened the tab a bit with some pliers and re-installed. Have to be gentler on the shifting, I suppose. This isn't a NHRA dragster.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.