DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see my concrete driveway has been cracking. I've tried several products from the big box stores with no luck, it just chips away after a year. I'm looking into some more expensive products. I'm wondering if anyone would know should I go with a flexible product such as emecole 85-90 or roadway flexible cement II? Or would a product that hardens and allow for less movement be better such as roadware's concrete mender or emecole 555? Does anyone have any experience with these products? I have noticed only the one major big crack moving and the small ones not changing. Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
You really need room for a repair material to lock in and as such you made need to open up the smaller one a little. I have no experience with the products you mention but Sikaflex leveling sealant works well IMO.

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
larger crk appears to be acting as a joint & the cause is probably an original insufficient jnt pattern,,, emecole has jnt sealants that will expand/contract in response to changes in conc slab size due to temperature swings,,, 555 might work in the hairline crks less than .005" otherwise use the same sealant as the larger crk,,, dow, basf's sika, & man others also have suitable products,,, ALL require proper prep - that's common to all conc repairs & critical to success

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I was probably going to chase the cracks with the grinder to remove the chiped pieces and allow it to better accept the material

1 - 6 of 6 Posts