DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I have a 5 year old toilet that i recently saw has a crack starting at the end of the siphon hole and going down about 2.5 inches to the bottom of the bowl. I have no water leaking and dont know how long this crack has been there. I have searched everywhere for a cross section picture showing if there could be a way that the crack is only on the "outside" part and not all the way thru the porcelain and or if there is another layer under that one that keeps the water inside the toilet so i have some time before swapping it out. Don't see any bubble's while water sits or during or after a flush indicating any air getting in there (if that means anything). Is it worth trying to epoxy or glue this straight crack about the width of a penny on it's side?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
for a temporary fix only...turn off the water and empty the bowl with a cup and sponge it dry, then heat porcelain with a hair dryer till all the moisture is gone and use crazy glue on the crack... let dry and use...but I would think to replace sooner than later...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.