·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Stolen from the inner web. :devil3:

Duckin' and runnin'.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
I must confess this looks interesting and something I never thought of.

·
Registered
26,750 Posts
There's a similar recipe called Maque Choux. French Creole. It has your beloved peppers.:smile:
"Onions and peppers are cooked down in butter, then garlic, corn, tomatoes, and a generous splash heavy cream are added and the mixture is reduced until the sauce is thick. It’s so easy, and SO delicious!
Now, I’ve seen it with and without tomatoes. Some folks add in bacon; others throw some celery in. I’ve had it where it tastes so sweet it was almost like dessert and then had it so spicy I could barely eat it."

https://southernbite.com/easy-corn-maque-choux/

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I've made the Paul Prudhomme family recipe for Corn Maque Choux once. As I recall it was quite different from what you posted Nik. Seems like it had eggs in it. Doesn't matter it is a regional preparation and there are probably a couple hundred versions of it. The recipe you posted looks good, I'll have to try it.

·
Registered
26,750 Posts
I've made the Paul Prudhomme family recipe for Corn Maque Choux once. As I recall it was quite different from what you posted Nik. Seems like it had eggs in it. Doesn't matter it is a regional preparation and there are probably a couple hundred versions of it. The recipe you posted looks good, I'll have to try it.

I haven't made it, it just looked familiar & I know it's not Succotash, so I looked it up.

I'm always curious about origins. I think a lot of flavors are liked world-wide, they just have different names.

I like corn fritters with syrup but rarely make it. It's a favorite with kids, though. Probably healthier than pancakes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.