DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We love to spend time outdoors as much as possible, mainly in our outdoor living room. Inevitably things here in Texas get too hot to do so July thru mid September. We've been considering misting fans such as you find on restaurant and bar patios. One brand we notice most often in our area is Cool Off.

Anyone have experience with this brand or commercial grade misting fans in general?

Thanks and keep cool!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't know about that brand, but stay on track with a commercial / pressurized mister. The misters that just use the pressure from your water supply do not produce a fine mist and just ends up getting everyone and every thing wet. I ended up moving my mister to the base of my deck to water plants.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Instead of a fan, limited outcome how about a ridgid installed system? I have seen systems range from $500 to $5000 profesionally installed.
Mid to high pressure are the only ones that work, low pressure systems aka city water pressure just get you wet. I researched the mid-pressure systems (>160psi) and I can buy the tubing online for $200, all I need to find is a HP hi-pressure low volume pump. Seems easy to build.

Now if you want a system with everything you need just nail up these prices aren't too bad http://www.cloudmister.com/p-267-mid-pressure-line-misting-kits.aspx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts