DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased siding material for a job and before installation was 100% complete the builder went around and put permanent marker "x"'s on certain pieces stating they were out of tolerance. Anyhow, they were not and we had to replace entire walls as it's a pre-finished product. The builder has not paid for any of the material or labor and I am under the assumption that I can charge him for my time and material to remove and replace those walls. Or better yet is this considered vandalism?? Of course he's arguing the point but I have pictures that show the workmanship is within the acceptable tolerances.

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Hope OP comes back. I'd love to hear the background story.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm the siding sub. Tolerances in fiber cememt siding are 1/8"-3/16" on the corners where your lap siding meets with your trim. Then of course you caulk and you're complete. This again is a pre-finished product so there is no painting. The issue is simply the builder didn't allow for me to finish my work. Who puts permanent markers on others work? Either way I think I've got a valid argument, let me know what you think. Sorry again if this makes no sense! I'm having trouble getting the pictures to upload but needless to say I've got a tape measure next to the black marks showing the 1/8" gap between siding and trim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts