DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am replacing old style Honeywell round thermostat that controls A/C and forced hot water oil based heat. The thermostat calls for W, Y, Rh, Rc, G, and C wires. The Honeywell had all but the "C" which supposedly is a 24v power supply. I called the Wayne-Dalton's support line and they recommended hooking one of the unused wires to the "C" terminal on the transformer at the A/C unit. I found it and did that and it worked.

I have two more units to connect and of course both of those are very difficult to access. Is there another wire that could be jumpered like Rc or Rh or do I need to add a transformer local to the thermostat or hook in at the base?

Thanks in advance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.