DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to connect 3 vanity bars to one power source (plug) and needed to know what type of wiring I needed. . I want to say 16-2 but I want to make sure. (This is not being connected threw the wall in thr bathroom is a totally new set up)

·
Registered
37,226 Posts
Ok, are you talking a light bar?
If there 110 volt lights you need at least 14-2 (newer codes call for 12-2 20 amp. in a bathroom).
We have no picture of the "vanity bars" and not a real clue on exactly what it your trying to do so it's hard to suggest exactly how to do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about the volts as it doesn't say but they are the (2)6 bulb vanity bar lights from lowes at
Light Output (Watts) 360
Maximum Bulb Wattage 60
(1)4 bulbvanity bar light from lowes Light Output (Watts) 240
Maximum Bulb Wattage 60

·
MEASURE ONCE, CUT TWICE
4,315 Posts
If you are talking about metal light fixtures, what will they be mounted to?
Since you are using metal they require a ground wire.
If you are planning to install a cord and plug for all this, you need 14/3 cabtire.
You can not put a plug on the end of a romex wire.

If you don't have a grounded outlet to plug this into, forget the whole thing. Because of what I've read on both your threads, this is probably the best advice I can give.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are talking about metal light fixtures, what will they be mounted to?
Since you are using metal they require a ground wire.
If you are planning to install a cord and plug for all this, you need 14/3 cabtire.
You can not put a plug on the end of a romex wire.

If you don't have a grounded outlet to plug this into, forget the whole thing. Because of what I've read on both your threads, this is probably the best advice I can give.
Sorry....I'll attach a picture of what I'm trying to do and they are chrome

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I do. I guess I have to go back and change the wire boxes to metal ones BECAUSE I have plastic ones. And u said 14/3 wire? I didn't see that when I went.

·
Licensed electrician
13,510 Posts
This sounds like a thread from last week where the OP was going to connect lights and a receptacle to an extension cord and plug it in for a vanity in a bedroom.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This sounds like a thread from last week where the OP was going to connect lights and a receptacle to an extension cord and plug it in for a vanity in a bedroom.
Yeah I've seen alot of that when I was searching online but that way seems very dangerous. I don't want to cause a fire. That's why I am asking for help and guidance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts