DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been reading about doorbells such as this one, that have a choice of a 4-note or 8-note chime for the front door, and 1-note for 2nd and 3rd doors.

Is it the same single note for the second door and the third door? I don't understand how you would know which door to walk to in that case.

Or if it's 2 different single notes from the 4 or 8 notes the doorbell chime can play, then why are these units marketed only for 1, 2, or 3 doors? Why not more doors? (eg. the chime could play 4-note for front door, 2-note for secondary entrance, single chime note high note for 3rd door, single chime low note for 4th door).

(I'm speaking of wired doorbells only. I am not interested in the mechanical sounding "fake" tone I'm familiar with on wireless systems).

Thanks for clearing up my confusion! :blush:

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
I wouldn't depend on this as being an absolute but where is says this:

separate one-note tone for second and third doors.
I would read that "separate" as different one-note tones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did wonder about that. But then it seemed odd that it didn't say "separate one-note tones".

Has anyone got working experience with a system like this to verify whether it's ringing three unique sounds?

Continued thanks.

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
Your best bet might be to find a dealer and see what they have displayed or even contact the manufacturer.

·
Just call me Andrew
2,279 Posts
Looking at the manual, there are separate screw terminals for the front, side and rear doors. This leads me to believe the rear and side doors have unique tones....

This line is still pretty ambiguous.
"Side and rear doors will have 1 chime tone each"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts