DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the 2nd owner of a split foyer home that has a finished basement with the utilities in the basement. There is no drain in the basement and the builder installed a pump for the condensate line and have it coming out directly next to the AC unit outside. Recently we noticed water getting in the basement. I ripped my bathroom apart and found a crack in the foundation wall that is letting the condensate discharge run back in the house. My original plan was to tie the pump to the main sewer line which is less than 2 ft. from it in the same closet, but after reading some posts on here I'm not sure if thats a good idea? My only other option is crossing the hallway to tie it into the washing machine drain, but that would require going thru joists.
Any idea's?

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
you would have to trap the condensate line if you tap the sewer line.."smell":eek: how about extending the discharge point at the condenser to get it away from the house pick a bush or tree for free watering.the reason it is right at the condenser is the wall penetration during install and dump it right where a tech might work around the unit:censored:...minimal effort but at least it showed you a foundation crack.roll of black plastic tubing or 3/8th copper to home run it over to the washer dump is an option...don't use clear plastic tubing if you home run it kinks or ceiling heat might make a discharge problem..as you see on a real humid day it can bang some water out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts