DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone tell me how far off of the side of the pad I should place my conduit before I have the concrete truck come.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If you are referring to the perimeter of the patio, like whats shown in red in the photo...why would you lay it before the concrete pad is poured. Has a chance to get stepped on while concrete is being poured/finished. Or does some part of the conduit have to go under the pad? I didnt find anything in the code about proximity to the permeter of the concrete when I did mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are referring to the perimeter of the patio, like whats shown in red in the photo...why would you lay it before the concrete pad is poured. Has a chance to get stepped on while concrete is being poured/finished. Or does some part of the conduit have to go under the pad? I didnt find anything in the code about proximity to the permeter of the concrete when I did mine.
Hammerlane I am going to put a metal garage on the pad and I was going to put a 90 degree PVC conduit near the edge of the pad inside so I can run power from my house later.I know I could go up the side of the garage later but I would prefer having a way of getting the power inside without drilling a hole on the side of the garage. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Conduit for what?
Bobelectric I was putting a metal garage on the pad and I want to run power From my house to the garage.I was going to place a piece of 90 degree PVC conduit near the edge of the pad inside so I could feed my power in the garage thru the 90 degree elbow but I don't know how far over from the edge I should place it before I pour the floor. Thanks

·
Licensed electrician
13,408 Posts
What is the wall thickness and the wall material?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim Port said:
What is the wall thickness and the wall material?
Jim it's one of them metal carports enclosed with an overhead door.I'm not sure about the thickness but I can call the manufacturer and find out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts