DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking for a sealer for my stamped concrete driveway and I would prefer a wet look; any recommendations?

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
hopefully you'll stay OUT of apron/vest stores when looking for good materials,,, euclid's good stuff,,, can't put solvent-based sealer over wtr-based,,, wtr-based can be rolled/sprayed on solvent but wtr's worthless imn-sohfo :furious:

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Just do what they do for car commercials/ads and just give the driveway a quick spray from the hose. Cheaper, but a little more inconvenient.

We had had a week or two straight of wet driveways at no cost or effort.

Dick

·
Registered
264 Posts
hopefully you'll stay OUT of apron/vest stores when looking for good materials,,, euclid's good stuff,,, can't put solvent-based sealer over wtr-based,,, wtr-based can be rolled/sprayed on solvent but wtr's worthless imn-sohfo :furious:
so oil based sealers last longer?
I have a troweled floor at my cabana with some rough swirls put into the finish with a mag float and a small amount of gray dye trowelled in. The masons are laying a stone fireplace and I would like to protect the concrete from mortar spills . what can I seal the concrete with?

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
we use solvent bas'd sealers which we cut w/xylene,,, i'm not familiar w/'oil based' but that may just be a synonym - idk - the masons should lay plastic & tape,,, any sealer will change color of conc

irc

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
just don't buy it ykw & expect good results :no: any masonary /pro const supply shop can help - jo's stuff's avail lots of places,,, btw, you'll have now created an annual item for your ' honey-do ' list :laughing:

irc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts