DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on renting an auger this weekend to do my fence posts. How many bags will I need per post? Posts are 4x4" 3' down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t have a formula for this but if your hole has a 12” diameter 3’ deep then two bags will be enough. This will leave room to fill in with matching soil.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard if you use an auger it gives you a more precise hole and calls for less concrete. I remember hearing a bag a post however I don't know how big the bags were

·
6,520 Posts
An 80 pound bag of concrete will yield .66 cubic feet of concrete. The box stores' bags are often 60 pounds these days for some reason.

I'd plan on one sack per post if you're sinking the post the full 3' in the hole.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just thought I would say cementing in post I used treated 4x4's and being cement was to wetI am thinking for my 4x4's twisted some time later.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies everyone:thumbsup: As the summer progresses you will be hearing from me. I bought a white elephant. Now I'm getting a crash course in carpentry, roofing, wiring, masonry and landscaping.:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts