Since im out of pictures for now, i thought i would kill some time by telling you about some of the weirder things we have discovered through our short remodel journey in this house.
1. Loose tub - The bathtub was literally ONLY held in by the drain pipe. My future husband went under the trailer, loosened the pipe from the drain, and then was able to just walk up to the tub, and lift it straight up. No screws, no caulk, no nothing. The mold behind it was unimaginable.
2. Irritating blasted door knob - When we first got the house, we noticed that the front door would not seal properly. We had to literally slam it shut with all of our strength, and the slightest pressure applied to it would make it pop back open. I thought, naturally, it was a faulty door knob. So i got my screwdriver and set to work to remove it. The decorative plate behind the knob had come loose, and spun freely, making it near impossible to access the screws. I worked at it for about an hour before i said screw it, and i retrieved a hammer and a metal putty knife. I wedged the blade of the putty knife between the door and the edge of the knob, and began pounding on it. I killed it, (never did find the other half of it) and threw it away. I installed a new knob, which turned and locked as easy as you please. What irritated me was, the damn door still wouldnt seal! I made sure the knob was lining up properly with the strikeplate, and then i happened to glance straight-on into the strikeplate. Inside the hole was a frikken beer bottlecap! It was wedged in there and prevented the lever from gaining any kind of hold. I worked it out with a screwdriver, and finally the door closed properly. No problem since.
3. Money money money - When we pulled up the carpet in the bedroom and living room, tons, and i mean tons, of change was underneath, embedded in the padding. It seriously looked like the dude who laid the carpet filled his pockets with change and did cartwheels around the room before he put the carpet down. You could tell that people had been walking on it, because we had to dig it out of the padding. I cleaned it up and deposited it. I believe the total was right around fifty dollars.
4. Mouse got his just desserts - When we pulled the wire out of the wall in the living room, a dead, still furry, mouse was attached to it, his teeth still embedded in the coating. Freaky. We also found three more stuck to the floor under the cabinets.
5. Wolf spiders - These big ugly buggers had a nest under the vanity in the bathroom. When we knocked the vanity apart, they came out with attitudes. One was dragging a huge eggsac on her butt. We smashed them with a hammer.
6. Old technology - Under the carpet in the little bedroom, (the middle of the room, too, not just on the edge) we found a huge flash drive for a Sony machine of some sort. It was about the size of a Playstation One memory card, and only held 4 MB. Nothing i own would fit it.
7. Toilet paper - In the picture of the master bedroom, you see two huge holes gouged in the wall. Well when we started pullling the sheetrock down, we found a whole roll of toilet paper behind it. We think the previous owner used the window next to it as a second toilet. LOL not really, but still funny to think about. We also found a bundled pair of socks back there.
8. Anybody up for a game? - We found two Monopoly boards hidden inside a wall in the hall closet.
9. Closet no more - We discovered that someone had completely ripped out the master closet. That would be why the breaker panel box is kinda hanging in midair.
10 - Probably dangerous - Someone replaced the 220 wire that used to hook up the dryer with a normal 12-3 wire. Im not sure if that is a fire hazard or not, but im definitely replacing it.
11. Burned - We found several wires were actually burnt. I have no idea how this place did not go up in flames.