DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

221 - 240 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Perhaps someone has already mentioned this (I didn't read the whole thread), but why are all the "recommended reading" topics at the bottom like a year or many years old? Seems unhelpful.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,016 Posts
Perhaps someone has already mentioned this (I didn't read the whole thread), but why are all the "recommended reading" topics at the bottom like a year or many years old? Seems unhelpful.
They are simply threads related to the one you are reading. The developers are working on improving the feature and making it more timely.

·
Registered
17,745 Posts
I find that if I click on "Filter" at the beginning of a forum, I can choose to see the most recent posts. "Last message" and "Descending." This makes it more like the old chatroom. Otherwise, I was missing posts.
Cricket explained that option, but, I didn't understand earlier.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,016 Posts
We experienced unexpected downtime due to issues with our content delivery network service and caching. The issue has been resolved.

·
Naildriver
10,809 Posts
Whatever it was, it took out the Cummins Forum at the same time, so it must have been big.

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Hi, I just posted a thread to the "Off Topic" forum and the only way I can see it is by going to that forum. I even signed out and back in still don't see it under "new". What am I doing wrong. The thread topic is "vision problems.".

Thanks
Bud

·
Registered
17,745 Posts
Hi, I just posted a thread to the "Off Topic" forum and the only way I can see it is by going to that forum. I even signed out and back in still don't see it under "new". What am I doing wrong. The thread topic is "vision problems.".

Thanks
Bud
The experts can answer, but, just to ease your mind. . . go to New. Click on it. Look in the left for Filter(1), click on it. Unclick "Unread discussions", click on "save as default", then click on Filter. You should see your post now. I can see it although I read it.
See my post #235 above. You may need to do that for each Forum, also.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,016 Posts

Thanks
Bud
When you click on NEW it displays all new UNREAD posts. Would you like help to set a filter for it?

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Thank you. I followed Nik's advice and I now see it. Still learning.
Bud

·
Remodel and New Build GC
9,562 Posts
When we make a error in our typing, do we have an edit button...probably right under my nose somewhere..???

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
yes. look across to the right of your post - the three dots on top of one another is the edit button( s)
across from here ...Discussion Starter • #1 a moment ago

·
Super Moderator
21,086 Posts
There is no time limit. There is a limit to how many old edits you can make over a week. You should never meet the limit.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,016 Posts
When we make a error in our typing, do we have an edit button...probably right under my nose somewhere..???
How To Edit A Post

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

221 - 240 of 269 Posts