DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hi, sorry you didn't get a response sooner. We hvac guys hang out in a different area of this site.
To answer your question; there are not any manuals that are available to the general public.

What kind of problem are you having?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Comfortmaker Furnace

You responded to my request for a manual so that I could do some troublshooting on my own. I understand that the manual is not available to the general public.

I cannot get my furnace to turn on. So far, I have tried shutting everything down from the circuit breaker and resetting it but that did not have any effect. When I attempt to turn on the eight year old furnace it does nothing. Not a sound.

Can you help to troubleshoot this problem

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
5,884 Posts
Start with the obvious, make sure you have high voltage to the furnace, check the breaker. Than the fuse on control board, then transformer...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
As for basics, don't forget to verify or check/change the thermostat batteries, if any.

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
5,884 Posts
There's got to be bolts that you loose to take tension off. Or you can turn by hand while prying the belt off. Watch your fingers.!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Quite the leap from "basics" to replace the blower belt. Maybe it's broke so there will be no tension to remove.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts