DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the induced draft motor runs when power is applied to furnace whether the thermostat is set above or below temp. in house. the igniter does not glow and the furnace control module is giving 2 flashes indicating pressure switch stuck closed, while the induced draft motor continues to run.

·
HVAC / Plumbing
1,801 Posts
probably circuit board unless you've wired up something wrong on the t.stat... I had this problem with a coleman. Inducer fan ran in summer when A/C was on. Replaced circuit board & it cured the problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the induced draft motor runs when power is applied to furnace whether the thermostat is set above or below temp. in house. the igniter does not glow and the furnace control module is giving 2 flashes indicating pressure switch stuck closed, while the induced draft motor continues to run. if i pull the hose from the induced draft motor that goes to the pressure switch it indiates 3 flashes indicating pressure switch stuck open. putting hose back on and then the furnace operates like it should. after running through cycle the induced draft motor continues to run and i have to shut power of to furnace. this is the only way i can get heat in my house.

·
Banned
3,704 Posts
the induced draft motor runs when power is applied to furnace whether the thermostat is set above or below temp. in house. the igniter does not glow and the furnace control module is giving 2 flashes indicating pressure switch stuck closed, while the induced draft motor continues to run.
With the fan going the pressure switch is supposed to be closed unless you have a certain model.

Post model # and if it is a 80 or 90% furnace.

·
GC/Master Plumber/Mech
1,517 Posts
Stuck relay.
Amen,

Turning off stat won't solve a thing. Open up the lower door access to the control board and using a non-conducting device, lightly tap on the control board and whal'la the inducer will go off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.